Did you know an ePHI system does not ensure HIPAA Compliance or Meaningful Use compliance?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you have documented Policies and Procedures governing all compliance, retained for a minimum of six (6) years?
2. Do you have documented Eligible Professional Meaningful Use attestations?
3. Do you have security documentation of all resources accessing, maintaining, communicating and storing Health Information … in any form … including hiring and termination procedures, roles and responsibilities, unique access IDs and Passwords, detailed equipment inventory and facility security and maintenance?
4. Do you have Emergency and Disaster Recovery Plans and testing along with Risk Management analyses?
5. Do you have documentation of all system accesses and required monitoring, reviews and corrective actions?
6. Do you have documentation of all compliance reporting?
If the answer to any of these questions is “NO,” then you will fail an audit and may be subject to the following:
HIPAA penalties can be fatal…
- Up to $1.5 million for serious violations
- Up to 5 years in prison for criminal violations
HIPAA violations can lead to severe civil liabilities.
CMS penalties can be fatal…especially if you received CMS incentives…
- And…you do not maintain full compliance for each and every “Eligible Professional”
- And … Report all required and selected Clinical Quality Measurements
- You may be required to refund all or part of any incentives you’ve received
- You may be charged 5% of all reimbursements received since the date of incentive.
- You may be denied future Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements
NetworkAntic’s HIPAA Compliance Support provides:
1. Economical compliance software in the cloud.
2. HIPAA Risk Assessments
3. Audit assistance