How do you reduce shared mailbox noise on outlook mobile?
Best answer, you don’t. The solution really requires two mobile apps. Most of us by now, are using Outlook Mobile App or some other alternative to Apple Mail app because of the limitations of Apple Mail. And yes, these email apps allow for a more focused inbox but we more mailboxes to review at our leisure that won’t be agonizing to look at it. We definitely preach the use of Outlook Mobile App whenever possible. However, it does not managed Office 365 shared mailboxes well so we are offering ways here to optimize your mobile life through the reintroduction of Apple Mail or for all you other folks that like to use another mail app for better organization look at Edison Mail.
Apple Mail… That other app you use.
In the past, we have pushed individuals to place communication in buckets. For instance, we a big fan of turning off push notifications on Apple Mail for your junk email. You know, that other email you have where you tell that creepy person to use, where your Uber registration is location, Lyft, Amazon, Hotel.com, etc.
Apple Mail utilizing Shared Mailboxes
We obviously want to see what is going in your organizations shared mailbox but we do not want it in our face. Many organizations are dealing with this tragic side effect of the shared mailbox feature on Outlook Mobile. For all our sanity, this bad practice must be stopped.
Essentials vs Non-Essential Email
Choose the mailbox accounts. For instance, your main work email, maybe an account that warns you new customer service issues, and maybe your personal email. Not that junk personal email. The one your mom writes to you.
- Essentials – Outlook Mobile
- Professional Mailbox – Email Account
- Shared Mailbox – Not noisy
- Note: Use the old password for the mailbox before it was converted to a shared mailbox. You can easily convert back to a shared mailbox, apply a password, and reconvert to a shared mailbox.
- Personal Mailbox – The one you write home to mom.
- Non-Essentials – Apple Mail or Edison Mail
- Professional Mailbox – Redundant? It is required for shared mailboxes if you did not convert your active mailbox accounts to shared mailboxes.
- Shared Mailbox – Noisy account
- More Shared Mailboxes – Noisy
- Junk Account – Think Amazon, Travelocity, Hotels Tonight, creepy people, etc
Where do you convert shared mailbox accounts?
In the Exchange portal or Microsoft Admin Center
Outlook Mobile Mailbox Accounts – Essential
Apple Mail Mailbox Accounts – Non-Essential
Disable Push Notifications
Push notifications are the number reason no one gets anything done. Optimizing your life so the most important push notifications are enabled is going to make you more productive.
Reduce shared mailbox noise on outlook mobile summary
This is a godsend for many of you wearing multiple hats in a small business. Remember the apps… Outlook Mobile, Apple Mail, and Edison Mail